Seasonic SS-460FL (X-460 Fanless)
This PSU is the more advanced of the two fanless products produced by Seasonic (we reviewed its junior cousin a year and a half ago).
This model comes in Seasonic's Gold series packaging.
The accessories include fasteners, a few cable straps, some documentation, and a Seasonic sticker for your system case.
The cables and the PSU are packed individually.
The SS-460FL looks identical to its 400-watt cousin we’ve tested already.
The all-modular design of this PSU differentiates it from most other fanless products.
There’s a label with electrical specs on the bottom of the PSU. The external panel is embellished with a manufacturer’s plaque.
There’s a reminder for you that the PSU must be positioned in the system case with the vent grid facing up.
The SS-460FL having rather small heatsinks even compared to actively cooled PSUs, we can have a better view of its internals. However, we can't add anything new to what we wrote in our review of the 400-watt cousin of this model.
The PSU employs capacitors from United Chemi-Con and Rubycon.
Cables and Connectors
The Seasonic SS-460FL is an all-modular PSU that comes with the following cables:
- One mainboard cable with a 20+4-pin connector (58 cm)
- One CPU cable with a 4+4-pin connector (65 cm)
- A dual cable with two 6+2-pin connectors for graphics cards (60 cm)
- One cable with three PATA power connectors (55+15+15 cm)
- One cable with two PATA power connectors (35+15 cm)
- One cable with three SATA power connectors (55+15+15 cm)
- One cable with two SATA power connectors (35+15 cm)
- One adapter from a PATA power connector to two floppy-drive plugs (2 x 15 cm)
There are four PATA/SATA power cables for the PSU’s three connectors so that you could flexibly choose the cables you need for your particular PC configuration.
The selection of connectors is up to the PSU’s wattage and the cables are long enough even for large system cases with a bottom PSU compartment.
The specs are up to today’s requirements. The PSU can deliver almost all of its output power across the +12V rail. The load capacity of the other rails is rather low, yet about twice the needs of a typical computer.
The SS-460FL is 80 PLUS Gold certified.