Noctua NH-U9 and NH-U12: Package and Accessories
The Noctua NH-U9 and NH-U12 heatsinks are shipped in packages of the same design:
The back side of each box gives you a brief list of tech specs, a list of accessories included, and a couple of photographs of different parts of the heatsinks.
There is a special compartment in each box the size of a 120mm fan in the NH-U12 model’s box and of an 80mm or 92mm fan in the NH-U9’s. So, although the heatsinks are currently shipped without fans, the manufacturer has provided for that as a future possibility.
The heatsinks are firmly fixed inside the boxes to minimize the risk of damage during transportation:
Lower still, at the very bottom of the box, there are the accessories and a small manual on installing the heatsink on the supported CPU sockets in 4 languages (German, English, French and Spanish).
And here are the accessories supplied with the coolers:
Besides the manual book, the following components are to be found in the small plastic bag:
- Back-plate for installing the cooler on Socket T (LGA775)
- Back-plate for Socket 748
- Back-plate for Socket 754/939/940
- Bag with screws, brackets, springs and spacers
- Four wire braces to fasten two fans
- Two soft pads to minimize vibration from the fan
- A syringe of thermal paste
The Noctua coolers cannot be installed on Socket 462 (Socket A).