Zalman VF1000 LED
The Korean Zalman Company hasn’t pleased overclockers with any new and innovative CPU or VGA cooling solutions for a while. Zalman VF1000 LED cooler that we are going to talk about today was announced about a year ago, but started selling only in the end of last fall.
Package and Accessories
The cooler is shipped in a small box with yellow-greenish color design. Just like Thermaltake DuOrb we have discussed earlier, the box has several cut-out windows on both sides that reveal the cooler:
You can read a reminder to use additional Zalman heatsink unit for the graphics memory when working with GeForce 8800 based graphics accelerators. There is also a list of compatible graphics cards. It is actually very smart to make sure that the user sees this reminder before actually buying the cooler, rather than discovers it afterwards.
The reverse side of the box contains detailed technical specifications of this solution alongside with the cooler’s key features.
In the upper part of the package there is a smaller carton box with the following accessories:
- Four retention screws and four bushes;
- Eight rubber ring pads;
- Four spring-screws for tightening the cooler on top of the card;
- A set of plastic pads;
- Zalman logo sticker;
- Eight aluminum heatsinks for the graphics memory chips;
- Double-sided tape for fastening the fan rotation speed controller inside the system case;
- Zalman Fan Mate 2 fan rotation speed controller with the cable;
- Cooler installation guide.