Package and Accessories
The new cooler is packaged into a large box with a cut in the middle.
Inside the paper box there is a plastic one the cooler is firmly fixed in. Above it, there is a small flat box with accessories. Next to a list of features and specifications, you can find a mention of the new thermal grease Zalman ZM-STG1 on the package. Besides this grease, you’ll find everything necessary to install the cooler on every modern platform:
These are (from left to right and from top to bottom):
- Mounting frame to install the cooler on LGA775 and a sticker with Zalman’s logo
- Plastic back-plate
- User manual
- A couple of clips to install the cooler on Socket 754/939/940/AM2 and LGA775
- A small bottle of Zalman ZM-STG1 thermal grease
- Four screws to fasten the frame on LGA775 and four screws for Socket 754/939/940/AM2
- Fan Mate 2 with a cable
- Double-sided scotch tape to fasten the Fan Mate 2
The new cooler’s accessories differ from those of the Zalman CNPS9500 LED: there are no clips to mount the cooler on Socket 478. Instead, there are fasteners for AMD’s K8 platform, including Socket AM2 processors. Socket 462 is already forgotten, and quite rightly so.