Intel Core i7-920 Overclocking Guide. Page 10
[01/22/2009 06:41 PM | CPU]
by Ilya Gavrichenkov
Processors with Core microarchitecture has become a true “overclocker dream” due to their remarkable frequency potential. New CPUs from Nehalem generation continue the good tradition set by their predecessors. However, how can we take advantage of the potential hidden in the newcomer? Our today’s article will reveal the details.
Summing up everything we have just discussed, here is the list of components that were used to build our overclocker system for further testing:
- CPU: Core i7-920 (2.66 GHz, 8 MB L3, Bloomfield core C0 stepping).
- CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U12P with two Noctua NF-P12 fans (~1300 RPM).
- Mainboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe (BIOS 1102 from 12.18.2008).
- Memory: Kingston HyperX KHX16000D3K3/3GX (3 x 1GB, DDR3-2000 SDRAM, 9-9-9-27).
- Graphics card: ATI RADEON HD 4870 512 MB.
- HDD: Western Digital WD1500AHFD.
- PSU: SilverStone SST-ST85ZF (850 W).
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86-64.
Comments currently: 20
Discussion started: 01/22/09 10:55:06 PM
Latest comment: 06/15/16 09:56:12 AM
Add your Comment
Enter your username and e-mail address. Password will be sent to you.