Before we move on to the actual performance numbers for the above listed processors, let’s take a quick look at the specifications of the dual-core CPUs participating in our today’s test session:
Testbed and Methods
Besides the CPUs listed in the previous section of our article, we have also uses the following hardware to build our testbeds.
- ASUS P5E (LGA775, Intel X38, DDR2 SDRAM);
- DFI LANParty UT 790FX-M2R (Socket AM2+, AMD 790FX).
- Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM (Corsair Dominator TWIN2X2048-10000C5DF).
- Graphics card: OCZ GeForce 8800GTX (PCI-E x16).
- HDD: Western Digital WD1500AHFD (SATA150).
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista x86
Note that when we tested Socket AM2 processors and Intel processors with 800MHz bus, the system memory was running at 800MHz because of the limitations set by these platforms. We set the timings at 4-4-4-12. With Core 2 Duo E8000 series CPUs the memory worked at 1066MHz with 5-5-5-15 timings.