Testbed Configuration and Testing Methodology
Now that we have discussed the details about all participating processors, it is time to take about the actual test platforms. The list below show all software and hardware components that were used in our today’s test session:
- AMD A10-5800K (Trinity, 4 cores, 3.8-4.2 GHz, 4 MB L2, Radeon HD 7660D);
- AMD A10-5700 (Trinity, 4 cores, 3.4-4.0 GHz, 4 MB L2, Radeon HD 7660D);
- AMD A8-5600K (Trinity, 4 cores, 3.6-3.9 GHz, 4 MB L2, Radeon HD 7560D);
- AMD A8-5500 (Trinity, 4 cores, 3.2-3.7 GHz, 4 MB L2, Radeon HD 7560D);
- AMD A6-5400K (Trinity, 2 cores, 3.6-3.8 GHz, 1 MB L2, Radeon HD 7540D);
- AMD A4-5300 (Trinity, 2 cores, 3.4-3.6 GHz, 1 MB L2, Radeon HD 7480D);
- Intel Core i3-3225 (Ivy Bridge, 2 cores + HT, 3.3 GHz, 3 MB L3, HD Graphics 4000);
- Intel Core i3-3220 (Ivy Bridge, 2 cores + HT, 3.3 GHz, 3 MB L3, HD Graphics 2500);
- Intel Pentium G2120 (Ivy Bridge, 2 cores, 3.1 GHz, 3 MB L3, HD Graphics);
- Intel Pentium G2020 (Ivy Bridge, 2 cores, 3.1 GHz, 3 MB L3, HD Graphics);
- Intel Celeron G1620 (Ivy Bridge, 2 cores, 2.7 GHz, 2 MB L3, HD Graphics).
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe (LGA1155, Intel Z77 Express);
- ASUS F2A85-V Pro (Socket FM2, AMD A85).
- Memory: 2 x 4 GB, DDR3-1866 SDRAM, 9-11-9-27 (Kingston KHX1866C9D3K2/8GX);
- Disk sub-system: Intel SSD 520 240 GB (SSDSC2CW240A3K5).
- Power supply unit: Corsair AX760i (80 Plus Platinum, 760 W).
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise x64.
- AMD Catalyst 13.1 Driver;
- AMD Chipset Driver 13.1;
- Intel Chipset Driver 184.108.40.2066;
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 220.127.116.11.2932;
- Intel Management Engine Driver 18.104.22.1686;
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology 22.214.171.1243.
Since the primary goal of this test session was to compare the performance of the integrated processors as a single heterogeneous system, all tests were performed without the discrete graphics. The graphics cores were fully responsible for displaying the image on the monitor.
And before we move on to the actual results, we would like to remind you of the relative positioning of all above discussed APUs according to their price: