Package and Accessories
We received test samples of the new graphics cards from ATI Technologies in plain cardboard boxes. Since the All-In-Wonder X1800 XL (hereafter referred to as AIW X1800 XL) is a universal multimedia combo card, we were not at all surprised to see the large heap of cables and adapters enclosed with it. We found the following accessories:
- Splitter to connect to I/O units and a second monitor (equipped with a SCART connector in the European version)
- Audio/video output unit (S-Video/RCA) – the American version only
- YPbPr audio/video output unit – the American version only
- Audio/video input unit (S-Video/RCA)
- DVI-I → YPbPr converter – the European version only
- Remote Wonder Plus (a remote control and a receiver)
- Two AAA batteries
- FM antenna
- S-Video and RCA cables – the American version only
- CD with drivers and ATI’s Multimedia Center
- CD with tester’s guide
- Paper version of the tester’s guide
Of course, this is not the full list of accessories that you will find included with the final retail version of the product – there will surely be additional software and a detailed user’s manual. But anyway we got everything necessary to normally use our All-In-Winder RADEON X1800 XL.
By the way, the senior model in the AIW series is going to be the only one to come with software from Adobe, namely Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. These programs are powerful tools for processing videos and images and cost $149 when purchased separately of the All-In-Wonder X1800 XL. We guess ATI did right as they included advanced software from a renowned developer of image- and video-processing software. Users of the All-In-Wonder X1800 XL won’t have to pay more to get the software necessary to use all the functions offered by the card they have bought.