Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP! Summary
The Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP! graphics card we used for this review features an advanced and quiet cooling system which can keep its GPU as cool as 70°C. It also comes with pre-overclocked frequencies. However, this pre-overclocking cannot change anything in real-life games whereas the cooler of our sample was not free from small but annoying manufacturing defects. Besides, the cooler takes as many as two adjacent slots, which may be a limitation for some computer configurations. Nevertheless, the Zotac GeForce GTX 480 AMP! is indeed an interesting product. Just don’t forget to check it out for those defects before purchasing it!
- Higher GPU and memory frequencies;
- High performance in contemporary games;
- High minimal performance compared with AMD products;
- Unbeatable performance in SLI mode;
- High performance with enabled tessellation;
- Wide range of supported FSAA modes;
- Improved CSAA/TMAA quality;
- Minimal effect of FSAA on performance;
- DirectX 11, Shader Model 5.0 and DirectCompute 11 support;
- CUDA and PhysX support;
- Fully-fledged hardware HD video decoding;
- High-quality HD video post-processing with scalability;
- HDMI 1.3a support;
- 7.1 sound over HDMI including HD formats and LPCM;
- Low noise;
- Highly efficient cooling system.
- Triple-slot form-factor;
- Sloppy cooling system implementation;
- Insufficient performance of the TMU sub-system;
- Low overclocking potential;
- No support for Protected Audio Path.