So, my verdict on the Palit GeForce 7600 GT Sonic is that you shouldn’t shun this graphics card notwithstanding its non-reference design. On the contrary, I do recommend that you consider it when you go shopping.
- Super-fast 1.2ns memory
- Increased default frequencies
- Lower price in comparison with its competitors
- Quiet cooling system
- Protective frame around the GPU
- Packaging minimizes the risk of damage during transportation
- Fan speed cannot be controlled
- Lowered memory voltage by default
I strongly recommend to volt-mod the Palit/Gainward GeForce 7600 GT on this PCB not only to get the maximum out of the graphics card in extreme modes, but just to increase the overall performance of the graphics subsystem (considering the initially lowered memory voltage). Moreover, this volt-mod is simple and reliable. Just do not forget about the safety measures mentioned above!
Good overclocking luck to you!