Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 SO Summary
The Radeon HD 5870 model from Gigabyte we used for our tests leaves a very positive impression. It refused to overclock at its default GPU voltage, but it already comes with pre-overclocked frequencies: 950 MHz GPU and 1250 (5000) MHz memory. This card is built with high-quality components and offers handy management and monitoring options. Its cooler easily keeps the GPU temperature below 60°C and doesn’t produce much noise. We recommend the Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 SO (GV-R587SO-1GD) to everyone who wants a fast and reliable version of Radeon HD 5870. It won’t disappoint you.
- High performance in contemporary games;
- Can compete against GeForce GTX 480;
- Higher GPU and memory frequencies;
- Wide range of supported FSAA modes;
- Best Edge-detect CFAA in the industry;
- Best anisotropic filtering in the industry;
- Supports up to three monitors;
- Fully-fledged hardware HD video decoding;
- High-quality HD video post-processing with scalability;
- Integrated sound core with HD support;
- Sound over HDMI;
- Low power-consumption;
- Low noise;
- High quality of manufacture.
- No PhysX and CUDA support;
- Low performance with tesselation.