Testbed and Methods
In conclusion we would like to offer you a detailed performance testing of the ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 mainboard. We decided to compare its speed with the performance results shown by other Socket 939 solutions supporting PCI Express bus.
As a result, our testbeds were configured as follows:
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4GHz, 512KB L2);
- ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra);
- ASUS A8V-E Deluxe (VIA K8T890);
- Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra);
- ECS KN1 Extreme (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra);
- EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra);
- Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra);
- MSI K8N Diamond (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI).
- Memory: 1024MB DDR400 SDRAM (Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO, 2 x 512MB, 2-2-2-10).
- Graphics card: PowerColor RADEON X800 XT (PCI Express x16, 500MHz/500MHz).
- HDD: Western Digital Raptor WD740GD (SATA150).
All tests were run in Windows XP SP2 operating system.