The first point ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 mainboard scores is due to its impressive and at the same time stylish exterior. It was designed with read and black colors dominating, which makes it look so vivid and appealing.
However, the combination of the mourning color and the color of blood may arouse different associations. Hopefully gamers will get the correct message ABIT implied here. But anyway, this selection of colors will look eye-catching.
The formal mainboard specification looks very similar to what many other Socket 939 mainboards based on NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra will boast:
ABIT Fatal1ty AN8
AMD Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 for Socket 939
NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra
Clock generator frequency
200-410MHz (with 1MHz increment)
Overclocking friendly functions
Adjustable processor Vcore, Vmem, Vchipset and HyperTransport bus voltage
4 DDR DIMM slots for dual-channel DDR400 SDRAM
PCI Express slots
1 x PCI Express x16
PCI expansion slots
USB 2.0 ports
10 (4 – on the rear panel)
2 (1 – on the rear panel, implemented by TI TSB43AB22A controller)
2 ATA-133 channels
4 Serial ATA-300 channels (with RAID support)
IDE RAID support
RAID 0, 1, 0+1
Six-channel AC97 Realtek ALC658 codec
Gigabit Ethernet (Vitesse VSC8201RX Gigabit Ethernet PHY)
Phoenix-Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
ATX, 305mm x 245mm
I would like to point out right away that ABIT is also going to supply mainboard modifications with slightly different or reduced functionality but based on the same PCB design. There will be three solutions based on the regular NVIDIA nForce4 chipset: AN8-3rd Eye, AN8, and AN8-V without FireWire support.
This way, Fatal1ty AN8 is the most advanced solution for Socket 939 processors with PCI Express support offered by ABIT these days.
No wonder that the most advanced mainboard in the family boasts an impressive package and accessories, too. Among the extras you get together with the board are:
- A CD disk with the standard set of drivers and utilities;
- Four Serial ATA cables and one power cable for two Serial ATA HDDs;
- One round 80-pin Parallel ATA cable and a round FDD cable;
- I/O shield bracket for the case rear panel;
- A bracket for the case rear panel with two High-Speed USB ports and two IEEE1394 ports: a four-pin one and a six-pin one;
- ABIT AudioMax Technology six-channel sound card;
- OTES RAMFlow cooling system for the system memory modules;
- User’s guide and a number of promotional materials.