Packaging and Accessories
The product box sports a badge of A-Style, which is a set of features and technologies implemented in ASRock mainboards based on Intel's 8 series chipsets. This set varies depending on the particular model, so for the Z87 Extreme4 it includes Home Cloud (remote access to the PC), Purity Sound (a set of hardware and software solutions that enhance audio quality), and HDMI-In (to connect other video sources to your computer’s monitor). The mainboard has a large number of other capabilities which are detailed on the back of the product box. You can also find a small picture of the mainboard and a brief list of its basic specs there.
The box is noticeably larger than usual, which is due to the especially careful way of packing. Besides a conventional antistatic pack, the mainboard is additionally protected with an edging of some soft porous material. Besides the mainboard, the box contains the following accessories:
- Four Serial ATA cables with metal connector locks, half with L-shaped locks and another half – with straight ones. All cables are designed for SATA 6 Gbps devices;
- I/O Shield for the back panel;
- A hard bridge for Nvidia SLI graphics configurations;
- User manual;
- A brochure about the functionality of mainboard BIOS and accompanying software;
- DVD disk with software and drivers.