Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE mainboard we have discussed in detail today is an inexpensive product based on the NVIDIA nForce4 chipset. This model can be considered as an affordable solution for PC enthusiasts. In fact, the VNF4 Ultra VE met our expectations, but the overall impression was somewhat spoilt by the excessive economy on the manufacturer’s side and the pretty raw BIOS version. So, you may want to wait for BIOS updates and subsequent revisions of the mainboard to come out, that’s what we think could be a good idea. With those improvements the Chaintech VNF4 Ultra VE may really become a refutation of the old truth that good things just can’t be inexpensive.
- Low price;
- Excellent networking capabilities, including ActiveArmor and NVIDIA Firewall 2.0;
- Four Serial ATA and two Parallel ATA channels with support of RAID 0, 1 and 0+1;
- Eight-channel sound;
- Supports Cool’n’Quiet.
- The chipset doesn’t have active cooling;
- The BIOS needs improvement;
- Minor flaws in the PCB design;
- Scanty accessories;
- No FireWire.