So we have taken a real close look at another mainboard based on the NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra chipset from a highly promising manufacturer, Foxconn. As it turns ou, the new Socket 939 mainboard from this company continues the WinFast series of mainboards which used to be selling under the Leadtek brand. This fact, however, didn’t save the Foxconn WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS from the fiasco in our overclocking tests. The inaccurate CPU overclocking functions and the unstable operation at high frequencies of the clock generator somewhat spoil the impression from the product.
On the other hand, the WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS can be a good choice if you are not into overclocking, provided its retail price is sufficiently low. Then, we also hope that Foxconn engineers will be able to solve the overclocking problems in new versions of the mainboard’s BIOS.
- Low price;
- Excellent networking capabilities, including ActiveArmor and NVIDIA Firewall 2.0;
- Four Serial ATA and two Parallel ATA channels with support of RAID 0, 1 and 0+1;
- Eight-channel sound;
- Four PCI slots;
- Supports Cool’n’Quiet.
- Very scarce CPU overclocking options;
- Unstable when overclocked from the OS;
- Some PCB design flaws;
- Very few additional accessories.