Package and Accessories
Being one of the top Gigabyte products on Intel P45 Express chipset, GA-EP45T-Extreme mainboard ships in an impressively large box:
The box bears a lot of info about the board’s functions and distinguishing features. If you open the front flip-cover, you can see a bit of the board through a clear plastic window and read about the technologies employed in it. The thin exterior package covers sturdy box made of thick cardboard. The mainboard sits inside a clear plastic casing and all the accessories are packed in an individual two-sectional box.
Gigabyte GA-EP45T-Extreme mainboard comes bundled with the following items:
- FDD and PATA cables;
- A pair of SATA cables with L-shaped connectors and a pair of SATA cables with regular straight connectors;
- A set of brackets and cables for external Serial ATA devices;
- A rear case bracket with two IEEE1394 ports;
- User’s manual;
- Brief assembly and installation guide in several languages;
- Installation guide for a boxed Intel cooler;
- I/O Shield for the case rear panel;
- DVD disk with software and drivers;
- “Dolby Home Theater”, “Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced” and “Gigabyte” logo stickers.
Gigabyte GA-EP45T-Extreme mainboard comes with a DVD disk instead of a CD disk. As a result, they could fit not only a lot of different drivers, but also a plenty of various utilities and tools onto it:
- Norton Internet Security 2008;
- Kaspersky AntiVirus;
- Adobe Reader;
- Microsoft DirectX;
- COREL MediaOne;
- Google Browser Configuration Utility;
- Realtek Green Feature;
- Dolby GUI Software;
- Roxio Buzz 2.
Besides the above mentioned third-party applications, the disk contains a bunch of Gigabyte’s own utilities:
- G.O.M. (Gigabyte Online Manager);
- DES (Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced);
- EasyTune 6;
- DMI Viewer;
- Time Repair;
- Update Manager.