Testbed and Methods
For our memory tests we assembled the following system:
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 520J (2.8GHz, 1 MB L2, Prescott D0);
- Mainboard: ASUS P5WD2 Premium (LGA775, Intel 955X);
- Memory: Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000;
- Graphics card: PowerColor RADEON X800 XT (PCI-E x16);
- HDD: Maxtor MaXLine III 250GB (SATA150);
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2.
The BIOS settings for our mainboard were the following:
- Performance Mode: Auto;
- HyperPath3: Enabled.
This is exactly the same system as the one we used for the tests of other overclocker’s memory modules, so we will be able to compare our today’s results with what we have already discussed in the previous articles.