Testing Participants Specifications Summary
We are going to test the performance of all our participants in a system built on Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 mainboard with an Intel Core i7-920 CPU. During our performance test session the processor was overclocked to 4 GHz frequency obtained as 20 x 200 MHz. We used the timings settings as declared by the manufacturer. So, to get the memory frequency at 1600 MHz we used 8x multiplier. In this case Uncore part of the CPU worked at 3.8 GHz frequency with a 19x multiplier.
Overall, the testbed was built with the following hardware and software components:
- CPU: Intel Core i7-920 (Bloomfield, 2.66 GHz, 4.8 GHz QPI, 4 x 256 KB L2, 8 MB L3);
- Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 (LGA1366, Intel X58 Express);
- Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4890;
- HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS;
- PSU: Tagan TG880-U33II (880 W);
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1;
- Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 184.108.40.2065;
- ATI Catalyst 9.8 Display Driver.