The OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 Reaper HPC Edition memory kit we have reviewed today didn’t surprise us with anything. It is very similar to OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition in technical specifications as well as in practical performance. I would only like to draw your attention to slight lag of the overclocking potential with 1T Command Rate that can be explained by less efficient cooling solution than FlexXLC. The use of heatpipe technology in Reaper HPC system doesn’t have that much of the cooling effect and plays more of a marketing or designer role.
However, considering that OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 Reaper HPC Edition memory modules are much cheaper than OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition, they are very likely to find a lot of fans.
- Stable operation at 1155MHz;
- Original-looking cooling system;
- Relatively low price compared with the competitor solutions.
- Cannot run stably with aggressive timing settings;
- Less efficient cooling system than those of the competitors.