Next, we tested the notebooks in two modes in Quake 3 :
- 640x480; 16 bit; Vertex Lighting; Low Detail; 16-bit Texture Quality; Bilinear Texture Filter
- 1024x768; 32 bit; Lightmap Lighting; High Detail; 32-bit Texture Quality; Trilinear Texture Filter
The final gaming test proves that Intel’s GMA 950, announced over a year ago, still has no competitors in the integrated graphics sector. The Acer Ferrari 1005WTMi cannot be used for playing heavy games, yet it is quite capable of running some not very resource-consuming 3D applications.
The notebook’s battery life was measured with Battery Eater Pro 2.60. The test was performed at the maximum screen brightness in the following modes:
- Classic (the system bears the maximum and evenly distributed load)
- Reader’s test (the pages are scrolled through each 15 seconds)
- DVD mode (a DVD movie is launched in Battery Eater’s Idle test mode)
Notwithstanding all the power-saving measures, the 6-cell battery of the Acer Ferrari 1005WTMi gets depleted in 2.5 hours, which is too short for a tiny portable computer that is expected to be always about you on your trips.
Here are the battery discharge diagrams for the different operation modes.