Acer has brought the spirit of Formula 1 racing into the sector of ultra-compact laptops. The robust and stylish carbon case of the 1005WTMi contains a fast and functional configuration. Ferrari admirers are going to be crazy about this machine, even though it is far more expensive than ordinary products from the same class.
It was not easy to take engineering and design ideas from the two famous companies working in the fields of microelectronics and cars and embody them all in the Acer Ferrari 1005WTMi. Formula 1 is an example of a continuous introduction of new technologies and innovations which is the way to achieve new heights in every area. Engineers from each F1 team are trying to find the optimal balance between speed, power, weight, cabin robustness, fuel consumption, etc, but Ferrari somehow manages to do it better.
- Ferrari-style exterior design
- Good performance in office applications
- Wide wireless capabilities including the Bluetooth VoIP Phone
- Acer’s exclusive technologies and software
- Integrated 1.3-megapixel web-camera turnable by 225 degrees
- Modern engineering materials used to make the case
- Handy keyboard and touchpad
- Rich accessories
- Low weight and small dimensions
- Port-replicator connector
- Easily soiled lid and internal rubberized surface
- Short battery life
- Weak graphics performance when powered by the battery
- Stiff cord of the optical drive