Package and Accessories
Acer’s packaging style is clearly visible in the TravelMate series. The series being positioned as professional, the box colors are lively and saturated. The manufacturer’s name is printed at the bottom of each side. The address of the Acer international website and the product series name are printed in the middle of the bigger sides. The box looks modestly overall.
The accessories to the TravelMate 6463WLMi are rather scanty. Besides the notebook proper, the box contains: a 4800mAh battery, a power adapter with an integrated LED indicator, a modem cable (RJ-11), a spare piece for the Fine Track device, a TravelMate smart card with instructions, and documentation (a Just for Starters brochure, a 1-year International Travelers Warranty with a list of authorized Acer service centers worldwide, and a user manual).
There are no system recovery discs – you are supposed to create them yourself. Instead, the TravelMate 6463WLMi offers Acer Empowering Technology for quick access to the most frequently used functions of the notebook. It is a panel (you can minimize it into a tiny window if necessary) providing access to the following utilities:
- Acer eNet Management connects to networks whenever you are
- Acer ePower Management allows to increase the battery life by creating and managing power settings profiles
- Acer ePresentation Management allows to connect to a projector and adjust image parameters
- Acer eDataSecurity Management (TPM-based) protects your information with passwords and sophisticated encryption algorithms using the TPM chip
- Acer eLock Management limits access to external drives and removable media
- Acer eRecovery Management is a data backup and recovery utility with flexible setup options
- Acer eSettings Management provides access to system information and settings
- Acer ePerformance Management improves system performance by optimizing disk and system memory usage and choosing optimal registry settings