Specification and Package
ASUS DIGIMatrix mini-system differs greatly from any other barebone systems, which we have already reviewed on our site (see our Mobile section for reviews). It also told on the package contents. ASUS DIGIMatrix is stuffed with all sorts of preinstalled equipment and lacks actually only three things to be called a fully-fledged computer: the CPU, memory and hard disk drive. Moreover, you will not be able to add anything extra into DIGIMatrix system besides these three components. However, we will talk a little bit more about the expansion options by DIGIMatrix a little later in our today’s article.
And at first, please take a look at the formal specification of this device:
- Supports Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4/Celeron processors with 400/533MHz bus and up to 2.4GHz core clock;
- Two memory slots supporting up to 2GB DDR266/DDR333 SDRAM;
- ASUS P4SQ mainboard based on SiS 651/962L chipset;
- Integrated SiS315 graphics core, supporting up to 64MB shared memory, and VGA, DVI-D, HDTV, S-Video Outs;
- Six-channel AC97 sound with SPDIF support;
- Built-in FM-tuner;
- Built-in TV-tuner supporting Timeshifting and scheduled program recording;
- Three integrated network controllers: 10/100Mbit, Gigabit and WiFi 802.11b;
- Card reader supporting Compact Flash Type I/II, Microdrive Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro Secure Digital, MultiMedia Card and Smart Media Card
- Two ATA/133 channels-133;
- Slim type optical drive;
- USB 2.0 and IEEE1394 ports support;
- Remote control unit support;
- Dimensions: 285x53x290mm.
The package of ASUS DIGIMatrix is pretty rich. Besides the system itself you can also find there a remote control unit, an external power supply unit, a radio antenna and a lot of adapter-cables, namely: VCR cable, HDTV-to-S-Video adapter, HDYV cable and a cable for the 6-channel sound system. Of course, there are also CD-discs with all necessary software and a user’s manual.