These things are on the left panel of the notebook:
- An RJ-45 network connector;
- An RJ-11 modem connector;
- A DVD-RW drive;
- A Kensington lock.
The right panel carries the following:
- A power connector;
- A D-Sub connector for an external monitor;
- Three USB ports;
- An MS and MS Pro card-reader (under a cute small curtain);
- A FireWire port;
- A PC Card slot for one card of type I or II.
The battery cell connector is on the real panel.
At the bottom of the Sony VAIO VGN-FS115ZR you can see the cover of the memory and hard drive cells, a battery cell, a connector for a dock station or port-replicator, and vent holes. So, the upgrade opportunities are rather limited here.