We decided to run some tests on our Sound Blaster Audigy4 Pro sound card. However, we didn’t use the most powerful system for that purpose. Here is the system configuration:
- Chaintech 6ATA4 mainboard (VIA Apollo Pro133A);
- Intel Pentium III 1000MHz CPU;
- 512MB PC133 SDRAM from Hyundai;
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro graphics card;
- Quantum Fireball AS40 HDD;
- Creative PC-DVD Encore 12x DVD-ROM drive;
- Creative Megaworks 510D acoustics;
- Windows XP Pro SP1 OS.
To evaluate the system performance drop during sound processing we ran Comanche 4 Demo benchmark. The results show that the hardware power of both processes is similar, and the slight difference in the obtained results can be regarded as a measuring error.
So, it wouldn’t make much sense to run the tests in 3DMark03 this way.