The newest mouse from Razer keeps on the tradition of the Viper, but surpasses it in performance as well as in functionality.
- Full name: Razer Diamondback Magma RZD-1600s
- Type: optical wired mouse
- Sensor: Karna Precision, 1600dpi, 6500 frames per second
- Buttons: seven in total (2 + 2 + 2 + wheel)
- Interface: USB, 16-bit data path
Package and Accessories
The package has remained the same type – cardboard with a transparent insertion – but the design has got better. Brief marketing descriptions of the product in several languages have appeared on the rear side of the box.
We’ve got one of the earliest press samples of the Razer Diamondback in Europe (the serial number of the sample is 212), so there is no user manual among our accessories (instead, we got its PDF version on the CD), while the drivers are written on a corporate CD-R of Joellenbeck, Razer’s exclusive distributor in Europe J. Of course, off-the-shelf products don’t have such “bonuses”, and the normal kit consists of:
- A Razer Diamondback mouse;
- A CD with drivers;
- A user manual;
- A sheath for carrying the mouse.
Professional gamers will certainly enjoy the cool-looking neoprene sheath called LAN-Pack. It’s a chic accessory emphasizing the high status of the product.