So, what does this review come down to? My impressions about the DI-824VUP+ router are rather ambiguous. On one hand, the speed of its WAN and WLAN interfaces is low and there are some minor flaws in its web-interface. On the other hand, I couldn’t help feeling I was dealing with a well-made and reliable networking tool as I was testing it.
This router can’t be called a best buy due to its low speed, but if the provider’s channel bandwidth is low or you are going to connect the router to the Internet via an ADSL modem, it is the speed of the Wi-Fi interface that remains the single drawback. With its functionality, the DI-824VUP+ would best suit a small remote office that needs a reliable network gateway in the first place while the speed of the external connection is of secondary importance.
- Good design
- Many installation variants
- Integrated Help system for the router’s settings
- Large Wi-Fi coverage area
- Supports different modems
- Minor flaws in the web-interface
- Low speed of the WAN and WLAN interfaces
- Hard to take apart/assemble
- Not very comprehensible indication system