Seasonic S-12 SS-500HT (500W)
I have mentioned Seasonic above. Products from that company come under the brands of Antec and Corsair, but here’s a power supply with a native label. It is the last version of the Seasonic S-12 model that is RoHS compliant and has sleeved cables. I guess the users will be more attracted by the latter than by the former thing.
It doesn’t immediately strike one’s eye, but the circuit design of this PSU is identical to the above-described Corsair CMPSU-620HX. The S-12 just has larger heatsinks that have two times more turned-back “petals” and cover completely the PCB underneath. Those petals were alternating in the 620HX.
Otherwise the two PSU models are identical except that the Corsair one has higher wattage and the S-12 lacks detachable cables. Seasonic offers the latter option in its M-12 model that also features a second fan on the rear panel.
The PSU complies with the ATX12V 2.2 standard, providing a max current of 33A on the +12V power rail which is “virtually” divided into two outputs. It offers the following cables and connectors:
- Mainboard cable with a 20+4 connector (54cm long)
- CPU cable with a 4-pin connector (54cm)
- CPU cable with an 8-pin connector (53cm)
- Two graphics card cables with 6-pin connectors (55cm and 60cm long)
- Cable with three Molex connectors for PATA drives (30cm+12cm+12cm)
- Cable with three Molex connectors (40cm+12cm+12cm)
- Cable with three Molex connectors (51cm+12cm+12cm)
- Cable with three SATA power connectors (40cm+10cm+10cm)
- Cable with three SATA power connectors (50cm+10cm+10cm)
The cables are all sleeved. A couple of adapters are included with the PSU for powering floppy drives if you’ve still got them in your system.