Testbed and Methods
We used the following software for this test session:
- IOMeter 2003.02.15
- WinBench 99 2.0
- FC Test 1.0
- Intel SC5200 system case
- Intel SE7520BD2 mainboard
- Two Intel Xeon 2.8GHz processors with 800MHz FSB
- 2 x 512MB registered DDR PC3200 ECC
- IBM DTLA-307015 hard disk drive (15GB) as a system disk
- Integrated ATI Rage XL graphics
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Each controller was installed into the mainboard’s PCI Express x8 slot. We used Fujitsu MBA3073RC disks installing them into the default rack of the SC5200 case. The controllers were tested with eight HDDs in the following modes:
We had to put the results of four-disk and degraded arrays aside because there are already too much data.
The size of the stripe for each array type was set at 64 kilobytes.