Testbed and Methods
I used the following programs to check out the driver’s operational characteristics:
- Nero CD-DVD Speed version 3.30;
- Nero Info Tool version 2.27;
- Nic Wilson DVDINFOPro version 2.35;
- SlySoft CloneCD version 220.127.116.11;
- Ziff Davis Media CD WinBench 99 version 1.1.1.
The testbed was configured as follows:
- Intel Bonanza D875PBZ mainboard;
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz CPU;
- IBM DTLA-307015 HDD, 15GB;
- GeForce2 MX400 64MB graphics card;
- 512MB DDR SDRAM;
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 and DirectX 9.0b installed.
The drive was attached to the mainboard’s USB 2.0 port.
Software Utilities: Nero Info Tool and DVDINFOPro
The utilities report the driver’s support of C2 errors correction, but don’t mention its ability to process DVD+R/RW media, which is declared by the manufacturer. The drive is regionally protected.