Performance in WinBench 99
We are first inviting to you take a look at the internal data-transfer graphs produced by WinBench 99. These graphs are indicative of the speed of the IDE-USB translator chips employed in the containers.
- Agestar External Enclosure 2.5” IUB2A6 (Graph )
- Agestar USB Portable Hard Disk Box IUB201 (Graph )
- Sarotech Cutie DX FHD-254UK Pocket Hard Disk Drive (Graph )
- Sarotech Cutie DX FHD-254UF2 Pocket Hard Disk Drive (USB 2.0 interface) (Graph )
- Sarotech Cutie DX FHD-254UF2 Pocket Hard Disk Drive (FireWire interface) (Graph )
- STLab 2.5” Hard Drive Enclosure S-132 (Graph )
- Tekram USB 2.0 Mobile Rack Kit TR-621S (Graph )
- Thermaltake Max 4 2.5” Aluminum USB 2.0 Enclosure A2294 (Graph )
- Thermaltake Muse 2.5” Aluminum USB 2.0 Enclosure A2291 (Graph )
- Thermaltake Silver River 2.5” High Quality Aluminum Enclosure A2175 (Graph )
The two diagrams of the Sarotech FHD-254UF2 are very characteristic: the Momentus drive at its highest speed when using this enclosure’s FireWire interface, but then it has the lowest speed as soon as the container is attached to a USB 2.0 port.
The next table shows the results of the hard drive when it was formatted in FAT32:
As you see, the Sarotech FHD-254UF2 boasts the highest performance with its FireWire interface. This container, however, is also the slowest when working via USB 2.0. The STLab S-132 and the Agestar IUB201 are the second and third best containers, respectively.