The following programs were used to test the optical drive:
- Nero CD-DVD Speed version 188.8.131.52
- Nero Info Tool version 4.04
- Nero Burning ROM version 184.108.40.206
- Ashampoo Burning Studio version 6.40
- AVS Disc Creator version 2.1
- Nic Wilson DVDINFOPro version 4.634
The testbed was configured like follows:
- Intel Bonanza D875PBZ mainboard
- Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz CPU
- IBM DTLA-307015 hard disk drive, 15GB
- GeForce2 MX400 64MB graphics card
- 512MB DDR SDRAM
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
We tested the drive in the same way as it would be selling, without any modifications. We attached it as Master to the second IDE channel.
Nero InfoTool, DVDINFOPro
Let’s check out what the optical drive reported about itself to the two popular informational utilities.
The new version of Nero InfoTool first asked me to insert a disc into the drive to check out its speed. I loaded a BD into the device. The screenshots show you that the manufacturer didn’t make this device compatible with CD media. As for DVDs, the drive supports all types of them, except DVD-RAM.