Testbed and Methods
The following programs were used to test the optical drive:
- Nero CD-DVD Speed version 4.60
- Nero Info Tool version 4.03
- Nero Burning ROM version 184.108.40.206
- Nero CD DAE version 0.4B
- Andre Wiethoff Exact Audio Copy (EAC) version 0.95 beta 4
- Nic Wilson DVDINFOPro version 4.610
- Ziff Davis Media CD WinBench 99 version 1.1.1
The testbed was configured like follows:
- Intel Bonanza D875PBZ mainboard
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU
- IBM DTLA-307015 hard disk drive, 15GB
- GeForce2 MX400 64MB graphics card
- 512MB DDR SDRAM
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1 and DirectX 9.0c
We tested the drive in the same way as it would be selling, without any modifications. We attached it as Master to the second IDE channel.
Nero Info Tool and DVDINFOPro
These two informational utilities report the hardware characteristics of the optical drive.
There are two screenshots of the Nero Info Tool program to remind you that the CD read speed is set at 40x by default and you can increase it with the appropriate setting of the PlexTools Professional suite. The drive is reported to support almost all the hardware features that most people use regularly. The only feature that is missing is the ability to work with DVD-RAM media.