Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Foxconn 925XE7AA Mainboard: High-End Networking Platform at Your Home

Started by: Greg Sawicki | Date 08/22/05 10:54:08 AM
Comments: 4 | Last Comment:  02/26/09 06:33:54 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-1]

Nothing special about this FoxConn board.

Had MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (MS-7125) here since February.

MSI will run cooler/less power and will take dual core CPU. Not sure about Foxconn able to run dual core Pentiums. They are quite on par feature wise except:

Storage:
Foxconn - 8xSATA150
MSI - 4xSATA300 + 4xSATA150

Price:
MSI - $129
Foxconn - $151

You be the judge
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/22/05 10:54:08 AM]
- collapse thread

Nothing special about this FoxConn board.

Had MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (MS-7125) here since February.

MSI will run cooler/less power and will take dual core CPU. Not sure about Foxconn able to run dual core Pentiums. They are quite on par feature wise except:

Storage:
Foxconn - 8xSATA150
MSI - 4xSATA300 + 4xSATA150

Price:
MSI - $129
Foxconn - $151

You be the judge

Hi, sorry for the late reply :p What year is it now? LOL I myself had this Foxconn 925XE7AA (bought it somewhere in 2006) and I have nothing to complaint. It's really a good mobo.

About your comparison, this mobo use DDR2 and the MSI one is using DDR so this mobo would simply wins. And the MSI mobo were using an AMD CPU so it's not directly comparable to this board, which is using an Intel CPU. I think the only drawbacks of this board would be in its incapability of accepting a dual-core Intel CPUs, a feature that is considered to be essential nowadays, that's why it doesn't attract too many buyers.
0 0 [Posted by: Chocobollz  | Date: 02/26/09 06:33:54 AM]

[1-1]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment