Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
IDF Fall 2005 Coverage. Day 1

Started by: ta152h | Date 08/23/05 06:35:56 PM
Comments: 18 | Last Comment:  08/25/06 01:13:08 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-2]

ta152h has got a point there. Why can't they make a completely new architecture, a modern one. My motherboard doesn't support any older OS like win98 and I don't miss it. Why is it so hard to do with prosessors allso. re-invent the prosessor.

You can't use your very old software with very new hardware anyway, why can't they do it? Release new OS and completely new prosessor architecture at the same time. What else could anyone do but buy them. Majority still buy Intel + MS and majority would follow the transition. x86 would be gone forever, like it should have been in the year 1980.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/24/05 12:21:17 AM]
- collapse thread

People do not like change. If what you said could even happen - everyone who wants to upgrade would basically have to trash thier exisiting system(s) for a new one? I don't think so.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/24/05 12:25:24 AM]

Yonah is the 3rd Generation Pentium-M CPU.
(65nm, also in dual-core versions, and virtualisation technologies.)

Conroe (Desktop) and Merom (Notebook) is the 4th Generation.
(in a sense, despite what Intel says with being a "new architecture"...CPU-wise, I don't think it is. As a total platform solution, yes, its something new).
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/25/05 08:43:49 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment