Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
CPU Overclocking Guide

Started by: adsdsa | Date 10/05/05 01:22:07 AM
Comments: 41 | Last Comment:  06/27/11 08:36:39 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-8]

great, i will overclock my Celeron D of 2.13 Ghz with 533 mhz, and 266 mhz of bus of ram
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/17/05 03:29:11 PM]
- collapse thread

my celeron 2.5 got to 3.15 and on an initial lower mem frequency it ran noticably faster. I was worried about that too so I returned the mem frequency to the default auto and it is also running stable. I think doors4ever was trying to get a chip to oc and run on every possible mobo in the universe hopefully and then ppl can tinker more. I think the reasoning is to keep the power requirements similar during ppls testing phase. Maybe he or someone will reply with a customised stratagy for you if you posted your system.
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/18/08 07:51:48 AM]

its great but i only have one little prob where do i see how hot my CPU is?????
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 05/18/06 04:03:53 AM]
- collapse thread

My bios has a hardware monitor. Im guessing yours doesn't. Explore your bios is all I can say. I think i stumbled across a cpu temp monitor in windows xp pro, you could search that. Read The article again as there are some programs you can download for that I think. Cpu temp is pretty important.
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/18/08 07:56:43 AM]

Hi, this has been a great help, but I have one final question. Once cpu ocing is complete and you have overclocked your memory do you restore cpu oc frequences. I ask because once Cpu ocing is complete you are always told to futher return to the HTT bus and lower it as you did when you first began ocing the cpu, so you can find the max for your memory. Inturn since i lowered it a gain to finf my mak mem frequency do I rais it back up to the new oc value I gained before i began ocing the memory. If so wont it then raise the memory frequency from what I have already found to be its hightest, and if not what happens to my cpu... I would have oced it just to lower it.

Thanks to all those who can answer this question, so to send me on my overclocking way.

System

Asus a8n32 sli deluxe mobo
Amd X2 4800
ULtra 550 Watt psu
Evga7600 gt in sli
currently air cooled (stock) LCS in the mail
Corsair TWINX1024-3500LLPRO 1GB Kit DDR433
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 09/22/06 09:23:48 AM]
- collapse thread

Dragon, on a different topic, I just bought that video card. Im a bit of a newb. I read you can run two of that card and I think that is sli, or crossfire. If you have yours in sli does that mean you are running two? I am thinking of future upgrading of my system and I'm confused by the possibility of running two EVGA 7600 gt's when I have one AGP slot. Whats the deal? is yours PCI? So here is my question : How did you do yours in sli? Im sure thats better than normal. Oh, my mobo is the asus P4S533 and I ruturned all frequencies except cpu/pci to auto after finding the highest cpu/pci freq it would run at, which resulted in my locked Celeron 2.5 to run oc'd and stable. Hope that helps. I just read your comment again and it probably didnt. I hope my memory freq is optimized. My reasoning is auto is probably better that lower and auto should pick the best setting it can anyway. Good Luck.
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/18/08 07:33:25 AM]

I think I need an ASUS A8N32 SLI DELUXE mobo hey. Anyway, My board is basically normal. do you know how I can run another card with my 7600 gt on normal mobo when one is agp?
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/18/08 08:03:09 AM]

Very useful information, didnt have a clue before but feel confident to have a go myself, very well explained!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 02/02/07 03:30:02 AM]
- collapse thread

Dont fuck with your core voltage unless you are sure.
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/18/08 08:00:18 AM]

I found this article very easy to follow, just one problem though. I can't actually access any of the settings. I can see them, but I'm unable to actually modify them. I have a brand new comp with a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo being the slowest piece of hardware on it, and I wanted to make it better. Does anyone know how to actually access and modify any of the settings? It's a dell. My email is throbbingbadger@yahoo.com, and any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!.
0 0 [Posted by: throbbingbadger  | Date: 08/26/08 05:15:33 PM]

Just wanted to send a quick THANKS to xbitlabs.com and doors4ever for that article on newbie overclocking. It led to me getting my intel 2.5 ghz celeron on an asus P4S533 up to 3.150 ghz. That was the cheapest upgrade I've ever done. I just finished purchasing a few other components including a pricy agp video card as I have to get the most out of my aging system. This overclocking has sure helped me mentally offset the cost of my other purchases for my upgrade since I decided to go a bit overbudget on the video card. To anyone interested in motherboards good for overclocking I would recommend ASUS highly. And print doors4ever's article. On my Board I had to boot in jumpfree mode (asus default: dsw all on) hit delete during boot to get into bios, go to advanced screen, put cpu on manual, cpu/pci frequency up to I think 126 is where mine is stable and keep the mem freq on auto, or 1:1. they both worked for me so I put it back to auto. Thanks again. oh, I'm at 43 degrees and I have the cpu fan, 2 other case fans, and a 2 small fan pci slot unit (I dont think does too much). So ppl probably don't even need any additional cooling units since doors4ever says up to 60 degrees is usually ok.
0 0 [Posted by: Ryan  | Date: 12/17/08 09:03:10 AM]

wow last post to this thread was 2008, 3 years later I am reading this. Good article for beginners though. This is how I learn about computers reading articles. Yea technology changes but basics are still the basic. Thanks Guys

CPU Overclocking Software tips and Review
http://www.cpuoverclockingsoftware.com/
0 0 [Posted by: mikewithsfi  | Date: 04/19/11 08:29:25 PM]

Looking for a more uptodate overclocking guide there is one here about the Sandy Bridge cpus.

Here is the link: http://howtooverclockcpu.org
0 0 [Posted by: howtooverclock  | Date: 06/27/11 08:36:39 AM]

[1-8]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment