Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
"Dress for Less": Choosing the Best Budget Laptop

Started by: japa | Date 12/02/05 03:29:57 AM
Comments: 27 | Last Comment:  01/04/08 02:47:14 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

Well, Xbitlabs has lost me as a visitor as well.

There's so much flexibility over Windows, it ain't funny.

Well, if you enjoy paying Microsoft for more crap that barely holds together, go right ahead.

(And that's not all, 342 is right...If not for Microsoft, security companies like Symantec wouldn't exist! I notice they're the first ones to say Linux or OS X users should be wary of viri and such...Who do they think we are? No clue idiots who are willing to pay anything to solve our problems? When you start using Linux, you learn very quickly about security.)

LOL, about Xbitlabs using open-source, and yet they criticise an open-source solution in their article. Way to go!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/02/05 06:38:16 AM]
- collapse thread

Negative! If everyone used Linux instead of Windows you would have a polar opposite situation. Why do you think Mac has very few viruses? Because the jerks that write the viruses don't care if they infect 2% of people that use an OS that is used by 2% of total computer users. You can bash MS all you want but they are "bad" because they are the big guy.

Most of you Linux/open source guys just use the OS cause you feel important. No one really cares that you are using Gentoo.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/02/05 03:42:45 PM]

It continues the poor trend Vasily started in the previous article: "Your A4-Size Business Companion: Choosing the Best Compact Notebook. Part I"

Seems more and more like they are sponsored by the Wintel alliance. Intel and Microsoft are the best choices! Give me a break.

Like the others posters stated, I'll stop visiting this site and read more neutral sites like Anandtech. No more hits from me and no more links to this site.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/06/05 06:00:20 PM]

You are not entirely correct. I recently purchased a laptop with a current Amd 3000+ processor, a DVD-RW+, Wi-Fi, 256mb DDR, [to which I added a 512mb stick of Corsair XMS DDR] 40gb hard drive, XP home, and software for a total of $628.00.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/08/05 03:05:19 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment