Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Nine External Enclosures for 2.5” Hard Disk Drives Roundup

Started by: 3.1415 | Date 01/31/06 11:18:46 PM
Comments: 37 | Last Comment:  10/25/07 12:45:42 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

Is it possible for the USB/Firewire chips to be listed as well? are the chips the main factor in performance? in this case would it be better to search for a case based on the chip itself?

either way, good article. go Anandtech~
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 02/01/06 06:32:41 AM]

I already have a case that I bought from CompUSA a while ago... I HATE IT because I *ALWAYS* have to use not just an extra power cable, like from USB or something, but I actually have to use a plug-in power adapter to make it work!

Forget speed - one of the major factors in buying a 2.5" case is if it can power the drive from USB or not. Very few computers I've encountered (almost any laptop, but that's about it) have been able to power my drive.

One worse, there are absolutely no links to where I can buy these cases. I was looking at the STLabs one, but I can't find it on eBay, Froogle, or Pricewatch. It's like it doesn't exist anywhere but the manufacturer's site.

Are there any places to even buy these things? :(
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 02/02/06 08:23:41 PM]
- collapse thread

Man,

I’m glad that I’m not the only one that thinks the same.
Who cares about performance, what I want is to plug it and make sure it will work!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 02/03/06 02:18:09 AM]

I love tacos......I love Nachos.....I love Boritos...I love boobies......I love sex....I really love Tacos.....I am bored........Hello.......can you hear me......I see a Umpa Lumpa......dancing in a field of daisies to a polka....and he is naked.....and I am naked.....and doing the naughty thing with my ding ding......looking at this sexy piece of hardware......I love the Nine External Enclosures for 2.5” Hard Disk Drives Roundup
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 02/28/06 06:32:40 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment