Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
ASUS A8R-MVP Mainboard Review

Started by: Randy | Date 03/06/06 09:01:39 PM
Comments: 16 | Last Comment:  09/30/07 11:07:02 AM

[1-4]

Even though this review is months late... The A8R-MVP has by now proven to be a real POS. As noted in this and other reviews - if you read between the HYPE and sugar coating in most A8R-MVP reviews - the Asus mobo has basic voltage and instability issues that no mobo should have. You can't even run high-end brand name memory on this POS in 1T mode.

The A8R-MVP mobo has a long list of problems that can be observed at the Asus user's forum and any other hardware forum, including vcore voltage instability. The icing on the cake however is that Asus has done nothing to fix the long list of problems after they advertised the A8R-MVP to be intended for "serious overclockers". read their false advertising for yourself.

Evidently "serious overclockers" at Asus must run their CPU at the default voltage because you can NOT under any circumstances increase the vcore voltage more than .1V above default, which is insane. DFI, Sapphire, etc. don't have vcore voltage or memory issues... The 2T memory and limited vcore voltages are crutches for a bad mobo design from what has been discovered on the A8R-MVP and now the A8R32 which has similar problems. The other ATI chipset mobos do not show the problems that Asus mobos show.

Asus has fraudulently marketed the A8R-MVP and the just released A8R32 has already been confirmed to have HTT, voltage, BIOS issues so you can see Asus has not got their act together. If ya do your homework you'll see
Asus has big problems with numerous AMD and Intel CPU based mobos so it would be wise to skip Asus for any new mobo purchases until they hire some competent engineers. The POS they have been hyping is anything but stable or reliable.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/06/06 09:01:39 PM]

The Best motherboard I have ever used... No issues, or concerns...
Grade A +
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/07/06 12:28:42 PM]

Piece of shit. I tried every fix there is. I cannot get RAID0working, it takes 5-7 minutes to even detect the drives, during config everything locks up.
Everything locks up at random moments, even in bios. Also sudden reboots. Bios forgets settings. Changes them at random. I turned every overclocking option off, but it still
oc's on it's own initiative. Then usually complaints the oc didn't work? What's this?

Also, a response from techsupport is not to be had.

Never Asus again.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/13/06 08:36:02 PM]

Onemore problem, after a while it stops renewing the ip address from the lan port, reinstalled drivers to no effect,so now i use the internet from my laptop. Asus suck big time.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/08/07 07:40:01 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment