Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
First Look at Nvidia nForce 570 Based Socket AM2 Mainboards from ASUS

Started by: parasitemite | Date 08/28/06 02:37:50 PM
Comments: 33 | Last Comment:  09/21/10 09:59:41 AM

[1-7]

I can't overclock past 220 HTT on this board. I can skip all errors on boot to go over the 220 HTT but it will revert back to default settings when I am in windows (yes.. very strange).

what a horrible board. im thinking of RMAing and just going with a DFI nforce 4 board.

/sigh
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/28/06 02:37:50 PM]

With all due respect, Asustek has taken a big shit in recent years. They are not the excellent company they once were. If you check any number of online references including Asus' own website forums you will discover they have released one POS after another for the past three years including both Nvidia and ATI chipset mobos for both AMD and Intel CPUs.

All you need to do is measure the vcore voltage fluctuations, confirm the PC3200 industry standard memory incompatibilities, see the improper BIOS options and constant reboot error messages on Asus mobos to understand that they no longer employ any competent mobo engineers. This isn't just my opinion, these problems are documented all over the Net by countless people. Asus' response is to ignore the problems and their customers. This will result in Asus' own downfall and they will take Gigabyte with them no doubt.

Asus, DFI and Abit may be the mobo enthusiasts current wet dream but none of them have delivered a properly functioning mobo in recent years. Your experience with the two new Asus mobos is quite typical and totally UNACCEPTABLE. My guess is Tyan is gonna put all of these clowns out of business real soon.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/28/06 03:33:57 PM]

wasn't there some chipset feature on the 590SLI that it was built for overclocking, said so in the roadmaps, and there wasn't no such feature on the 550 and 570 series chipsets.
take a look at the comparison chart at the bottom of this page.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chipsets/display/xpress3200-nforce590sli_5.html
the "Max Overclock" (5th row from the top) is only on the 590. maybe they disabled any decent o/c on the 570 chipset

maybe the problem isn't ASUS, but nVidia chipsets itself so that only the premium chipset overclocks and not the 570 ones.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/29/06 07:24:36 AM]

It's funny how you should slag off Nvidia chipset, since for a long time now, they've been the foundation of success for AMD systems.

ATI chipsets don't even compare.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/29/06 11:30:51 AM]

With all the respect, you should have browsed the web before reviewing the M2N-SLI board. You would find that when overclocking over 220MHz, the board would always hang after the first reboot. If you don't get any beeps, it's just a cold boot. Just hard reboot it again, when you get the error message, either continue or enter BIOS and save the settings again and the next time it will boot. Mine is currently at 300 MHz, stable as hell. Great mobo for it's price with some quirks.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 09/01/06 01:04:43 AM]

not everybody is an overcloacker

Real (business) people with real money consider buying a motherboard which can deliver the best performance without the need to overcloack. You might want to cover motherboards from this perspective as well.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 09/07/06 11:52:53 PM]

With all the respect, can i make a sli configuration on my m2n-e. If it has the same chipset as m2n-e sli it will work? you can put a pci-e x16 card into a pci x4 slot so that is not a problem. or can i put a physx card ( gt 240 ) into the pci-e x4 slot? it will work?

thanks
0 0 [Posted by: jfk1024  | Date: 09/21/10 09:59:41 AM]

[1-7]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment