Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Second Round for Nvidia Quad SLI: Technology Matured?

Started by: N2p881 | Date 10/11/06 05:14:03 AM
Comments: 7 | Last Comment:  10/15/06 07:25:35 AM

[1-1]

nVidia spent a lot of time promoting Quad SLI as a technology really only suited for large 30" monitors, as at lower resolutions 1920x1200 down, it offered little or no performance improvement. How did you manage to miss this ? You should read the article on Guru3D, when they test Quad SLI on a Dell 30" TFT and come to the conclusion its a waste of money if you run on anything less. I work for a systems integrator that builds both Crossfire and SLI gaming systems. We have know about this since the early days of Quad SLI.
I hope you revisit this article and restest at 2560x1600 which is where Quad SLI generally has some value.
I'm no nVidia fanboy. The company I work for gets much better support from ATI and I have a Crossfire system at home. I'm just really dissapointed a site with your reputation managed to miss the point so badly.
You need monster resolutions to get any benifit of QUAD GPUs.

0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/14/06 03:58:19 PM]

[1-1]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment