Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Contemporary Integrated Sound Solutions: Storm is Coming

Started by: woo49 | Date 08/28/03 08:40:37 AM
Comments: 12 | Last Comment:  05/22/07 04:56:47 AM

[1-1]

edplayer: OK, I can believe that the SPDIF connector is required for certification, but I was referring specifically to the Asus motherboard used in this article. From the article (page 9):

> Two mainboard are going to participate in today’s testing: Soltek KT400A and ASUS A7N8X. The first mainboard features a VIA VT8235 South Bridge and an AC’97 VIA VT1616 codec. The second one is based on the nForce2 MCP-T with the integrated APU SoundStorm and an AC’97 Realtek ALC650 codec.

--

So, the unit being tested has to be a A7N8X Deluxe, because they're testing the MCP-T, according to this quote. And Sergey says it's a SoundStorm board, while Nvidia's webpage says it isn't. I guess my question really is, do all MCP-T motherboards give you all of the SoundStorm features, e.g., the Dolby encoder, even if they're not "certified?"
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 08/29/03 11:31:41 AM]

[1-1]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment