Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Dual-Core Turion in Action: Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook Series

Started by: MonkRX | Date 03/05/07 06:53:19 PM
Comments: 9 | Last Comment:  02/23/08 09:59:19 PM

[1-2]

Page 6, Major typo:
"As we said in the Introduction, the Acer Aspire 9303WSMi is based on a dual-core AMD Turion 64 X2 TL52 processor with a clock rate of 1.60GHz. This CPU is built on the 90nm Taylor core with two independent L2 caches, 512MB each. In all these parameters the AMD processor is inferior to Intel’s Core Duo and Core 2 Duo that are manufactured on 65nm tech process and have up to 4096MB of shared L2 cache. Like the single-core Turin 64, the Turion 64 X2 supports PowerNow!"

Its Turion, not Turin. Its KB, not MB. Feel free to delete this comment if you fix the typo.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/05/07 06:53:19 PM]

Just to correct mino, I dont know if he ever had TL-52, I have one and it is more than comparable to T2300. It is faster in almost all test includind SiSoft, Everest. Of course it is slower in Intel sponsored benchmarks like PCMark.

I agree that it makes no sense to compare laptops with different graphics cards in terms of CPU speed, but it is very useful for someone who wants to buy the notebook. If AMD solution has 2% lower results and it is $300 cheaper, I think it is much better than intel solution.

Also in article they say as bad thing "mirror like" display, and actually it is positive thing to have Crystal Bright thing, and all of them have such display.

I currently have ASUS, but I still think this ACER is best for the money...
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 03/06/07 12:56:43 AM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment