Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel V8 Eight-Core Platform Preview

Started by: Jorge | Date 05/18/07 09:18:38 PM
Comments: 23 | Last Comment:  11/09/07 06:45:31 AM

[1-4]

Intel as usual rushed out their Glue-Blob multi-core crap to try and deceive consumers. AMD will crush Intel with a real quad-core CPU and their eight core systems. The results are already known so Intel's song and dance is just a smoke screen for the technically challenged.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 05/18/07 09:18:38 PM]

For those who truly can unlock the power of these dual-socket platforms, god love them for it.

For everyone else who does a mix of gaming, surfing, taxes, office, photo, video, these dual-socket systems are not a good fit.

Someone can game just as well spending a lot less money. And instead of the entire tax return going to pay off a V8 and its power bill, you can instead take a nice trip to Hawaii :-)
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 05/19/07 06:10:53 AM]

eks?!

Awful review! Where are any speedup graphs? Isn't that a REALLY interesting matter?

We need to know the real scaling...
from 1 to n cores
from 1 to 2 sockets

We already know c2d right now has a better IPC... what we need to know is the real-world scaling!

Actually, all the benchmarking data is already done; so, why not to calculate the speedups and etc from that dataset?

I'm sorry, but this is the worst (p)review I had from this (otherwise) quite respected website -in my opinion-.

Regards.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 05/21/07 06:50:58 AM]

And here is episode 2 of the copy/paste saga from Intel corp. I was expecting it to be a lot cooler than QuadFX... but to my honest surprise it actually is pretty close to the enormous power requirements of the Quadfather.

Intel seems to be copying everything from AMD these days, including the bad ideas...
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/26/07 05:48:54 AM]

[1-4]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment