Unlike previously expected the codename for nVidia's next generation GPU will NOT be "G90" but instead be "G92".
I have some info form NVIDIA insider about the upcoming G92 graphics processors.
G92 will be released in November 2007 timeframe in the form of "GeForce 9800" series.
"G92" GeForce 9800 GTX specs.
- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels
65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.
GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations.
Release date : November 2007. There will be TWO products at launch: The flagship GeForce 9800 GTX and the second fastest GeForce 9800 GTS.
price for the GeForce 9800 GTX will be 549-649 USD.
price for the GeForce 9800 GTS will be 399-449 USD.