Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Asus EAH2600PRO/HDTI/256M Graphics Card Review

Started by: Veteran | Date 10/03/07 04:50:53 PM
Comments: 18 | Last Comment:  12/09/07 06:43:02 AM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-5]

Same bullshit

Try some recent ATI drivers......
and testing a midrange card with these settings is just plain stupid.....
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/03/07 04:50:53 PM]
- collapse thread

From what we have found during benchmarking the graphics card for future reviews, only Half-Life 2, Company of Heroes and Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars have more or less substantial performance increases with the newer drivers. Those improvements does not change our conclusion regarding the product.

Since the vast majority of today’s games use realistic lighting, detailed textures and high-quality special effects, we do not know why anyone would decrease texture filtering quality to add rather ugly artifacts.

Given that in the last two years we tested a number of performance-mainstream graphics cards with 256-bit memory bus and decent performance with FSAA 4x, we have no idea why we have to step back to no-FSAA mode ahead of the ATI RV670 and Nvidia G8M launch, both of which are projected to feature 256-bit memory bus.

Please keep in mind that enabling FSAA does not affect relative performance of different products.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/03/07 05:44:40 PM]

And again, ATI 2600 and nvidia 8600 are 128 bit bus cards
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/05/07 08:38:43 AM]

You said right performance mainstream.
Where those cards cost(ed) 200$ and more.
The cards you are reviewing cost 100$ or less.

You know most games have an Options Menu where you can change game detail settings to low, medium, high, very high.
So you can make sure you can play games with the right FPS amount for the type of card you have.

Low end card = Low detail settings.
Medium card = Medium detail settings.
High end card = High detail settings.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/08/07 03:21:38 AM]

Excellent Review lads. As the Iraqi Veteran said, it would be nice to test the cards with new drivers, but perhaps these reviews were prepared at the time when new drivers were not available eh complaining turds?.

One thing is certain and thats that AMD midrange cards can't overclock worth a damn and their performance is just shit.
Hopefully R670 can fix that, but I won't be there to find out because I'm having a blast with my 8800GTS.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/03/07 04:57:00 PM]
- collapse thread

Actually AMD's midrange is on par with nvdia's midrage....

just because the review noobs want to turn on AA and AF to the max on these cards,the performance of X2600Xt looks bad

+ using new nvidia and old ATI drivers is really weird
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/03/07 11:51:14 PM]

I'm sad they didn't further test the multimedia capabilities of the card. Granted, the package didn't contain the DVI to HDCP (or whatever) adpter, but they could have at least mentioned the CPU use of of an H.264 encoded movie file.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/04/07 12:01:06 PM]

The use of AA/AF is enitrely justifiable. I have a 7600GT in my other rig and enable AA/AF wherever possible.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/04/07 10:40:32 PM]

why no HD movie performance test? duh!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 10/08/07 08:40:17 AM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment