Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Goes Like Hell: Gainward Bliss 8800 GT 512MB GS GLH Graphics Card Review

Started by: Joz | Date 12/24/07 02:17:12 PM
Comments: 23 | Last Comment:  04/08/08 02:58:46 PM

Expand all threads | Collapse all threads

[1-3]

Damn xbitlabs, why are you so stubborn? How much time will it take you to grasp - PUBLIC WANTS NO AA+AF BENCHES AS WELL!!!!

I'm not even talking about the nVidia monopoly that goes on in here for quite some time now (a month and a half and no review of 3800?? come on!), but even the slightest request of providing a benchmark of heavy games (such as Crysis and Lost Planet) in clean no AA/AF mode. Why is it so hard to do?

What exactly does a 16 fps in Lost Planet tell me? Not to buy the GTS 512 card? or maybe not to play that game?
Well i do want to play that game!

You guys are just plain stubborn. I suggest you take some example from Anand and Tom's.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/25/07 02:03:47 AM]
- collapse thread

i agree, why are there so many GT reviews?
what about ATI 3800 and the new GTS?
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/25/07 08:18:21 AM]

I second that!
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/26/07 12:41:01 AM]

Hmm ...
There is a lot of talking about cooling system.
But where is the temperature measurements ?
this is not less important then the noise levels.
even more since noise is about comfort while temperature=functionality.
as for noise levels, cant see any difference 41-43db. It is about 5%. From my personal experience, it's quiet under any load. and very loud when fan speed manually adjusted.
The original cooler covers memory, while this one dont.
my very reference ASUS 8800 GT reporting 55 C GPU and 52 C ambient (card) @ ~20 C ambient (room).
The only thing that might be better is power circuit. and this should be tested by overclocking head to head with references like ASUS 8800 GT TOP (700/1750/2000) (core/shader/memory) because the only thing it might provide, is better stability in overclocking.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/25/07 03:30:29 AM]

I agree with all the posters, can you please throw something from the 38x series in there and maybe perhaps with the 7.12 drivers!!!

Also while I love seeing benchmarks with AA/AF most people don't know what they are or what they do. So can we also get some benches with it off?
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 12/25/07 10:06:03 AM]

[1-3]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment