Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
Intel DX48BT2: "Overclocker" Mainboard Not for Overclockers

Started by: CzR | Date 06/11/08 06:51:54 PM
Comments: 14 | Last Comment:  07/29/08 03:50:02 PM

[1-5]

One wonders if you actually spoke to Intel about this board (or even if you did the most basic of fact checking), if you would had, they would have informed you that overclocking is only officially supported with Extreme Edition Processor
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/11/08 06:51:54 PM]

It just shows you that intel CPUs aren't very good for overlocking.

If it ran OSX it might have stood a chance.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/12/08 06:54:23 AM]

CzR you are an idiot, we all know Intel doesn't allow overclocking on anything but the extremely expensive processors, this was a comparision of the Original Intel X48 board to a 3rd Party X48 board which has alot better OC.

Found this was alot of Engrish again in this article, has the editor gone on holiday again ?

Also, looks like DFI or ASUS are the motherboards to go for if you want a X48 based board
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/16/08 05:26:36 AM]

Author's lack of success in oc-ing intel's X38BT board seems strange to me - on mine Q6600 worked @3157MHz just fine. Current QX9650 also feels comfy - in everyday's work it's set +10% FSB and +1 step multiplier. As for X48 - i'm quite sure it would be the same.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 06/19/08 06:59:40 AM]

Wow, what a truly ignorant and ridiculous product review. I believe that it is not ridiculous, but shameful for a so-called hardware "guru" site to not know what it's talking about in so many facets on a piece of hardware it is reviewing when that is supposed to be their expertise. And no, I don't work for Intel nor am I an ignorant Intel fanboy even though that's my platform of choice currently. I'm simply an owner of a DX48BT2 and know how ignorant this review was. If you want to talk about overclocking this board make sure you have a clue on the basics.
0 0 [Posted by:  | Date: 07/22/08 09:13:56 PM]

[1-5]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment