Information

Dear forum members,
We are delighted to inform you that our forums are back online. Every single topic and post are now on their places and everything works just as before, only better. Welcome back!

Discussion

Discussion on Article:
OCZ NIA: Reading Thoughts in the Privacy of Your Home

Started by: NormanBates | Date 11/18/08 02:02:29 AM
Comments: 2 | Last Comment:  01/20/09 08:36:07 PM

[1-2]

Great article, and great product also!!

what OCZ needs to do with this thing is to pull a WII: even though the wii's controller wouldn't score a "good enough for FarCry" on my experience, it scores a "good enough for many simple but funny games" in most owners' experience

if I were OCZ, I would bundle this with a bunch of simple games that are fun to play with a NIA, and maybe even make a WII version of such controller and games
0 0 [Posted by: NormanBates  | Date: 11/18/08 02:02:29 AM]

OCZ can't really do anything about the RFI (EMI is ElectroMotive Interference), because the receiving antenna for any local interference is your body, not the nia device. Thus, grounding yourself to the nia reduces the interference. OCZ tried grounding the headstrap but lost more signal than interference and it was deemed counter productive. The best remedy is a wrist grounding strap. I will be experimenting with one from Cables Unlimited that does not require a grounding wire (apparently it dissipates static charge into the air like an ionizing device, and takes some wearing ahead of time to dissipate the initial charge.) RFI interference in this case is more a result of biological sensitivity than electronic refinement.
0 0 [Posted by: gridsleep  | Date: 01/20/09 08:36:07 PM]

[1-2]

Back to the Article

Add your Comment